Stir fry Drumstick is a recipe for side dish. Drumstick, usually used in making sambhar, is a vegetable with a strong and distinct taste. Sambhar is just incomplete without drumstick because it adds a unique flavor to it. Stir fry drumstick is full of flavor in spite of the presence of other condiments its own taste is dominant.
Drumstick is a super food with high nutrition content. It is an excellent source of vitamin B, help in developing strong bones, purify blood and boost immunity.
- Drumsticks – 4 to 6
- Crush garlic – 4 cloves
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin/jeera – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Cut the drumstick into 2 to 3 inch sticks. choose those drumsticks which is not too thin. The stick should not be too bulgy around the seed area, such sticks are over ripe, the seeds are hard and the pulp has lost much of its original taste . Also the over ripen sticks are difficult to eat as the cover is too hard. the drumsticks with even thickness in the middle length and soft to touch is just perfect.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add cumin/jeera, crush garlic. Simmer the flame.
- Then add the remaining condiments except salt.
- Immediately add drumsticks. Mix and add 1 glass of water.
- Bring it to boil. Simmer the flame. Cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add water if required.
- Cook till it is soft on pressing.
- Avoid over cooking i.e. the drumstick should not break apart.
- If there is water, evaporate it by cooking on high flame, stir continuously. There should be just little water to coat the masala over the sticks.
- Serve hot.