Plum jam is a Delicious…. Yummy…mouth watering…finger licking recipe. The red color of the jam is just tempting. Nothing can compare and satisfy to the Homemade jams. They are so easy to prepare. Plum is a seasonal fruit, available for short time. Jams are the easiest and delicious way to preserve the fruits and we can enjoy them for longer time. Eat it as much as you can because seasonal fruits are beneficial for health. Plum has high water content with moderate percent of vitamin C.
Jams are the preserves of any fruits along with sugar. Fruits has natural thickening agent called Pectin which ease the production of jam…thanks to the Nature. The added sugar not only adds taste but also helps in thickening the jam to some extent. Every fruit has different levels of pectin. Plum, apples, guavas, pears, oranges and other citrus fruits has large amount of pectin. So make the most of it.
- Ripe Plum(large) – 3
- Sugar – ½ to ¾ cup
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inch
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Remove the skin of the plum. The skin of ripe plums easily comes out with hands or peel it.
- Chop roughly and remove the seed.
- Take a kadhai or pan. Add the chopped plum and ½ cup of sugar.
- Switch on the flame.
- Add cinnamon stick.
- Cook on medium flame with stirring.
- When the sugar starts melting, cook on high flame with continuous stirring for 10 mins.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It will start thickening.
- Adjust the sweetness by adding more sugar if required. The sugar measurement varies with the sour taste of the plum.
- Minimize the flame till semi solid.
- Switch off the flame and let the jam cool.
- Store in a dry and air tight container.