Pasta in Tomato sauce is Delicious recipe of pasta cooked in tomatoes and herbs. The tangy taste of tomatoes along with herbs like basil and oregano coated all over the pasta making it tempting to eat. Basil makes a unique combination with tomatoes, fresh basil is more flavorful.
Pasta is a famous Italian cuisine, liked all over the world. Pasta comes in different varieties depending on the shapes like Penne, Farfalle, elbow macaroni, Fusilli, Jumbo shells etc mostly cooked in tomato sauce or white sauce. There are so many delicious dishes of pasta.
Kids are fan of pasta…give them anytime and there is a never no for it. Penne and farfalle pasta in tomato sauce are my kids and mine favorite. I don’t use tomato paste for the recipe. Chopped and cooked tomatoes give a nice texture and taste to the pasta. But the tomatoes don’t get coated properly over the pasta, separating the taste of tomato and pasta. So I made some changes in the process to give a nice saucy texture and coating of the sauce to the pasta.
- Penne pasta – 3 cups
- Chopped onion – 1 large
- Tomatoes – 3 medium
- Mushroom – 5 to 6
- Tomato soup powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh basil leaves – 8 to 10
- Dry Oregano – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – to cook
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1tsp
- Bring water to boil in a pan.
- Add salt and 1 tsp of oil to the boiling water.
- Add the pasta and cook till soft.
- In the mean time roast the tomatoes directly on the gas burner till it turns black from outside. This will burn and separate the skin from the tomato.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool.
- Remove the skin and chop finely.
- Chop the mushrooms.
- Check that the pasta should not be overcooked otherwise it will break.
- To check that the pasta is cooked properly observe the change in color of the water. When the water just start to turn turbid that indicates that pasta is cooked. Take out one piece of pasta and cut it, if you observe uniform color from inside then switch off the gas.
- Drain the water.
- Add a tsp of oil to the pasta and mix gently so that the oil gets coated over the pasta. This way pasta will not stick to each other.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add chop onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chop tomatoes to it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chop mushroom and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl make a watery paste of tomato soup powder and water.
- Add this mixture to the cooked onion and tomato and mix immediately. Add some water if it becomes thick.
- Add some salt and mix.
- Tomato soup powder will bind all the ingredients together and get coated nicely over the pasta.
- Add chopped basil leaves, red chilli flake, oregano and black pepper powder. Mix properly.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix gently.
- Add salt if required and mix. As we have added salt while cooking the pasta and also in the sauce so check at last and adjust according to taste.
- Cook for a minute.
- Serve hot.