I like baking cakes, cookies, biscuits bakery stuff at home. I often try some baking recipes which are easy to make with less time and ingredients that are always available at home, so that I can bake whenever I wish to…. This Namkeen Biscuits/Crackers is a crisp snack to eat with tea. It is salty biscuits/crackers, with flavor of jeera/cumin.
- Maida/refined flour – 2 cups
- Butter(cold) – 50 gm
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cumin/jeera – 2 tsp
- Water – as required
- Preheat the oven at 200° C for 10 mins.
- Take maida/refined flour in a bowl. Rub the cold butter with maida.
- Add salt, cumin/jeera and baking powder.
- Knead to dough using water.
- Cover and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Knead again on a flat surface for 10 mins.
- Roll into a thin sheet of ½ cm thickness.
- Cut the sheet with cookie cutter or any shape you like.
- Make holes on the biscuits with fork.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray.
- Bake at 180° C for 10 to 15 mins or till light golden color.
- Let it cool. Store in air tight container.