Chickpea/Kabuli chana kebab is a super healthy, tasty and mouth watering recipe. This kebab is soft and light in texture that it just melts in mouth. It is a perfect recipe for party, especially for vegetarian people. Chickpea along with palak/spinach and some spices gives a nice distinct taste.
Chickpea is a rich source of protein along with other vital minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. So eat those nutrients in a tasty way.
- Chickpea/kabuli chana(soaked overnight) – 1 cup
- Palak/spinach(blanched and finely chopped) – 1/2 cups
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4 clove
- Ginger – 1”
- Cumin/jeera – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 to 3
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chat masala powder – 1 tsp
- Bread crumb – 1 cup
- Oil – to fry
- Wash and soak kabuli chana/chickpea overnight or for at least 6 to 7 hours in warm water.
- Drain the water. Grind the chickpea/kabuli chana along with garlic, ginger, cumin and green chilli to a coarse to fine paste without adding water. By saying this I mean maximum part should be finely grinded keeping some part as a coarse paste. The moisture in the chickpea is sufficient to make a paste.
- Take the paste in a bowl.
- Blanch the spinach/palak by adding it to the boiling water. Blanching will remove the raw taste of palak/spinach. Add 1 tsp of salt to the water to retain the green color of palak/spinach.
- Remove the palak/spinach from the hot water and place in a bowl of cold water. Leave it for 2 minutes.
- Remove the palak/spinach from the water and chop finely. This should measure 1/2 cup.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the paste along with chopped palak/spinach. Mix properly and leave aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time heat oil in a kadhai for frying the kebab.
- Roll the mixture into kebab.
- Coat each kebab with bread crumb.
- Fry on low flame so that it is well cooked from inside. Fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.