Instant Carrot pickle is a sweet, sour and tangy mouth watering…..finger licking recipe. This recipe is easy to make with very few basic ingredients which anyone can make. The best part of this recipe is that it is ready to eat on the same day. It is crunchy in taste when eaten on the same day and becomes a little bit softer the other day. Both the types of carrot i.e. orange and red taste good. Instant carrot pickle can be stored for a week in refrigerator.
- Carrot – 3
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Hing/Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Peel the carrot. Cut into large stick of roughly 2 inches long and ½ cm thick.
- Take the chopped carrot in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix properly.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Hing/ Asafoetida. Immediately add to the carrot. Mix thoroughly.
- Let it cool down to room temperature. Don’t cover with lid otherwise the heat of the oil will create moisture inside and will make the carrot soggy and soft. Also there is more chances of spoiling the pickle. cooling will take just few minutes.
- Fill in a clean and dry jar with air tight lid.
- Store in refrigerator.