The healthiest way to eat food is to use unrefined food, like whole wheat flour instead of refined flour/maida, Jaggery or Honey in place of sugar etc. Everything cannot be substituted in every recipe, but why not try to some extent. So I tried Honey Oat Cookies, made with whole wheat flour, oat and Honey. They came out so yummy!!! These cookies are rich in fibers and with the goodness of honey.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Oats – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Honey – ½ cup
- White butter – 50 gms
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Pre heat the oven at 250 °C for 10 mins.
- In a pan roast the oats on medium flame for 5 mins. Let it cool down. Grind into powder, a little coarser.
- In a bowl soften the butter. Add powdered sugar and beat till soft and glossy.
- Add honey and mix.
- In another bowl add whole wheat flour, powdered oat, baking powder and baking soda. Mix properly.
- Add the flour spoon by spoon to the butter, sugar and honey mixture.
- Knead gently with hand. Add little milk if required.
- Shape into cookies.
- Bake at 180° C for 15 mins.