Ginger Cookies….the best ever cookies I have made. Its taste and flavor of ginger is Great!!! The bite just melts in the mouth.
I have used granulated sugar for this cookie recipe and it has changed the texture of the cookies. Its texture is better than using the powdered sugar. Moreover the appearance is also more appealing. Like other cookies it’s simple to make.
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- White/unsalted butter – 75 gms
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Pre heat the oven to 250° C for 10 mins.
- Soften the butter in a bowl.
- Add granulated sugar and beat till soft and glossy.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter sugar mixture spoon by spoon.
- Add little milk and mix.
- Place the cookies on baking sheet leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 160° C for 15 to 20 mins.
- Let the cookies cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container.