Make something yummy for kids today and what can be better than a chocolate recipe. So here is “Chocolate Filled Cookies” recipe…very easy very tasty. These cookies are crunchy from outside and soft, filled with chocolate from inside. It is a perfect treat for the kids.
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Choco chips – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 50 gm
- Milk – 2 to 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Pre heat the oven at 250° C for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl soften the butter.
- Add powdered sugar and beat till soft, light and glossy.
- In another bowl mix refined flour and baking powder.
- Add this flour to the butter and sugar mixture and mix.
- Add vanilla essence.
- The mixture will be dry.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and make dough with hand. Add more milk if required.
- The dough should be not too dry or too moist. We are going to fill Choco chips in it so if the dough is too dry the cookie will break while baking and the melted chocolate will spill out. In the same way if the dough is too moist the cookie will easily spread while baking spilling out the chocolate very quickly.
- Divide the dough into equal size balls.
- Make a cavity in the center of the ball and fill 1 tsp of Choco chips in it and closing from the sides roll into a ball. Slightly flatten it.
- Similarly stuff the remaining balls with Choco chips and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a rack.
- Store in a clean, dry and air tight container.