Looking for a tasty and yummy snack recipe…then you are at the right place. Baked Potato Fingers are not only tempting… but also its a mouth watering recipe to make every time. For children is the most favorite thing to demand and why not it is yummy.
Potato fingers can be prepared by simply deep frying the potato fingers. To avoid excess oil, baked version is more healthy and tasty too.
This recipe of potato fingers is somewhat spicy, but the spices are always optional. You can add up or change the spices according to your taste. Plain potato fingers i.e. seasoned with just salt and pepper also tastes yum. Adding herbs gives different flavored potato fingers.
Enjoy the potato fingers with tomato sauce or make a burger using it in place of patties. Take a burger bun, cut it from the center… layer with lettuce leaf, tomato slices, baked potato fingers then spread some mayonnaise and sauce of your choice…cover with lettuce leaf…and the burger is ready to eat. Make it as a snack or for kids Birthday Party or pack it in their lunchbox.
- Potatoes – 5 medium size
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder(optional) – 1/2 tsp
- Dry herbs – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Pre heat the oven at 250° C for 10 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and chop to size and shape of finger chips.
- Wash them 2 to 3 times with water to remove the starch.
- In a pan bring water to boil. Add 2 tsp of salt.
- Add the potatoes in the boiling water. Cook just for 2 mins.
- Drain the water.
- Place the potato fingers in a baking tray.
- Add the spices except salt as we have added it before during boiling and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix properly.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 200° C for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.